Thursday, January 12, 2012

Trials (and Errors) in Dart

So I've decided I'm going to start a new blog. This blog is going to be dedicated to my trials and experiments in Dart, generally referred to as dartlang. It'll contain links to various articles or tutorial on Dart wirtten by others; various code snippets and potentially some additional tutorials I write myself (yet to be determined).

Dart is a language actively being developed by Google as an alternative to JavaScript initially for use as a client side web scripting language. I'm not going to get into a lot of details on the background of the language as, that's covered pretty well on it's homepage. I highly recommend you check it out at: http://www.dartlang.org Additionally, be sure to check out the recently published FAQ Page.

Once your ready, head on over to the Getting Started and give it a try.

I also highly recommend checking out Seth Ladd's Blog. In particular, pay attention to his series on Dart, starting with Variables and Optional Types in Dart.

No comments:

Post a Comment