Thursday, February 2, 2012

Few Updates

So I haven't had the opportunity to write much lately. There's been a lot going on a work and home that have made my time far too sparse. Hopefully I can start getting some of that stuff settled soon. In the mean time there's been lots going on with Dart for me to get caught up with.

Firstly, we're starting to see some server side related API's coming out. Including file and directory libraries and the start of some networking and socket libraries. They are only available in the continuous builds at the moment, however I expect to see them in the integration builds soon (speculation not based on any actual evidence). These are something I was most looking forward to, for both server side scripting and even just generic scripting possibilities. I think in the near future I will try to convert some of my existing applications and scripts from their various options (Javascript, PHP, Ruby) to Dart to see what issues I run into.

With the addition of the new libraries, we see a mass of updates to the current API documentation. Thanks to Mozilla's work documenting the DOM (And releasing it as CC) much of this information is now available in the Dart APIs. Check them out and become enlightened!

Speaking of becoming enlightened, if you have played with Javascript in the past, or perhaps are a bit of a Javascript Guru, check out the Dart Synonym page. Lots of little snippets that show how you accomplish something in Javascript and how you would do the same in Dart. It even includes a small subsection on comparisons between JQuery and Dart.

Also, be sure to check out the new Dart news and Updates site.

No comments:

Post a Comment